Careers at JohnCo Corp
Every employee is a key player in our growing business. Our employees are proud to have a positive impact on the company's success.
JohnCo Corp offers an attractive salary/benefit package, flexible work schedules, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Open communication, collaboration and idea sharing are key culture elements at John Co Corp. When the fit it right, we seek to promote from within, building up our team and enhancing skills and competencies.
Current Open Positions
Customer Service Associate
• Provides outstanding customer service support by managing and resolving customer issues for company products or services in a timely and professional manner.
• Initiates and implements corrective action as needed.
• Receives, evaluates and verifies customer orders on request. Answers customer inquiries and resolves issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Enters information into computer system for tracking, data gathering and troubleshoots customer issues.
• May refer to published materials or secondary sources to resolve open issues.
• Escalates calls if necessary to more senior team members.
• Processes orders and ensures pricing and customer information is correct on the appropriate internal documentation. Maintains and controls orders through priority systems.
• Communicates with departments on all product issues, updates, and bulletin requirements.
• Coordinates inventory requirements with other division departments.
• Initiates required action for response to customer service requests for order changes.
• Prepares, generates and distributes daily reports and order acknowledgements to appropriate resources.
• Keeps current on new products, product information and services.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Advanced product knowledge training or certification a plus.1-3 years
• Customer Service/ Call Center experience, preferably in the related industry.
• Call tracking system experience preferred.
• Basic working knowledge of company products and services.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills to effectively communicate via multiple media (email, telephone or correspondence).
• Ability to use tact and discretion when interacting with a wide variety of customers
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office tools.
- Customer Service: 2 years
JohnCo is uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance. JohnCo encourages qualified long-term unemployed individuals to apply for open positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
JohnCo is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
JohnCo is seeking a highly energetic individual to join its team responsible for quoting a wide array of products and services to the federal government. Bid Administrator assist Sales Representatives, Customer Service Representatives and other employees by providing customer quotations. Bid Administrator’s exercise a high-degree of independence and professionalism, and are accountable for their results. They support the overall company sales strategy through efficient and timely responses to customers. They identify the products and configurations that meet the needs of their customers while exercising their discretion to determine appropriate pricing.
- Review, Research, and prepare responses to federal, state, local government and education procurement actions: solicitations (RFP, RFQ, IFB or other solicitation formats) and contracts (task orders, purchase orders, delivery orders, contract extensions, prime contracts and subcontracts).
- Deal directly with customers either by telephone, email, or face-to-face.
- Identify specific customer needs and provide technical, product-based solutions.
- Contact manufacturers and distributors directly to obtain best cost and accurate stock information to procure products for customers on a timely basis.
- Compute cost/price using a variety of criteria, such as inventory availability, competitive position, price validity, and other logistical considerations (freight, handling, staging, etc.).
- Create quotes through our ERP system, ensuring all appropriate data is provided.
- Follow up on outstanding quotations to secure orders, improve quotation process, and measure effectiveness.
- Incorporate the use of technological tools and resources to improve processes and efficiency.
- Maintain accurate paperwork and job files to facilitate smooth transition to other departments.
- Work independently with minimal oversight.
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience working with government contracts or government procurement actions
- Experience quoting and administering GSA contracts a plus
- Ability to manage tasks across organizational boundaries and deliver high quality, compliant proposals on schedule. Technical product knowledge through education and/or experience
- Proven ability to analyze various sources of information to inform business decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including active listening and problem solving
- Ability to operate independently, stay on task, and cope in a highly-challenging and fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with strict attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with relevant computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Proven communication, analytical, and customer service skills
- Strong and positive work ethic
- Ability to achieve measurable results
- US Citizenship
- Experience working with government contracts or government procurement actions: 1 year